Home > Enrollment
WHO TO CONTACT
Secondary students should contact their high school counselor or the MDTC Career Recruiter/Advisor about enrollment at Mid-Del Technology Center. Adult students interested in enrolling at MDTC should contact the Adult Counselor to discuss program information and to make appointments for the assessment tests.
ADULT ENROLLMENT FOR FULL-TIME PROGRAMS
All adult students are required to take the compass assessment test ($25 charge) before entering any day-time program. A.M. and P.M. classes are offered on a space available basis.
Financial aid is available for those who qualify. You may contact the Adult Education Office at
739-1712 for additional information.
ENTRANCE REQUIREMENTS FOR SECONDARY STUDENTS
Eleventh and twelfth grade high school students for Carl Albert, Del City, and Midwest City High Schools may enroll during regular high school enrollment periods and receive credit toward their high school diploma. Students may choose either the morning or afternoon session. There is no tuition charge for high school students.
ENTRANCE REQUIREMENTS FOR HOME SCHOOLED OR PRIVATE SCHOOL STUDENTS
Students being home-schooled or attending private school must be at least age 16 to enroll at MDTC as AM or PM and will be classified as a secondary student.
MID-DEL TECHNOLOGY CENTER- HIGH SCHOOL ENROLLMENT/ADMISSIONS PROCESS
For questions and assistance on enrolling, you may:
· Sign up to see Tina Murphy, MDTC Career Advisor in your high school counseling office or
· Contact Gina Bankston or Christa Simmons, MDTC counselors.
MDTC operates on a traditional school calendar in conjunction with the Mid-Del Public School Calendar, with sessions starting in August and January. Enrollment begins in January for the following fall semester.
Admission to most of Mid-Del Technology Center’s training programs is based on completing all of the following steps:
· Completing the High School Application for Admission
· Meeting with MDTC Career Advisor
o Documentation of Career Interest will be reviewed (ACT PLAN interest inventory)
o Documentation of Academic Preparedness will be reviewed (high school transcript, ACT PLAN results and high school attendance)
Completion of the application by itself does not constitute admission or placement on a waiting list for a career major to Mid-Del Technology Center.
· If a student meets career major criteria requirements and space is available, the student is notified through their high school counseling office.
· If a student meets career major criteria requirements but space is not available, the student is notified by MDTC Career Advisor to discuss additional options such as being placed on a waiting list or pursuing 2nd choice career major based on space availability.
Graduating seniors may apply for the Mid- Del Technology Center Next Step Scholarship.