Mid-Del Technology Center’s ELITE Program is a Work Prep Program designed to meet the needs of unemployed Temporary Aid to Needy Families (TANF) recipients in Oklahoma. The program resulted from a partnership between Oklahoma’s Department of Career and Technology Education and the Oklahoma Department of Human Services.
The goal of the ELITE Program is to help TANF recipients’ transition into employment by offering the following services:
- Vocational Education Training
- Job Search and Job Readiness Assistance
- Work based Training/Internships
- Community Service Opportunities
- KeyTrain – bolsters basic academic skills in the areas of reading for information, locating information and applied mathematics
- Career Readiness Certificates – certifies individual is competent in three academic areas: reading for information, locating information and applied mathematics.
- Plan of Study - addresses the immediate training needs and also includes career exploration for the individual’s future educational needs.
- Support Services Plan – helps the student identify what support services are needed in order to be job ready and sets up a timeline for services to be rendered. Encourages personal responsibility in the development and delivery of support services.
Mid-Del Technology Center’s ELITE Program continues to be a great support to TANF recipients who are serious about ending their dependence on public assistance and entering the world of work.
Program Hours: 7:40 am – 2:40 pm, Monday through Friday
For more information:
Kay Long-Mentzer, Coordinator
(405) 739-1707, ext. 6366
Click here to view or print Map
Notice of Non-Discrimination
It is the policy of Mid-Del Public School District I-52 not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs, services, and activities as required by Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and the Age Discrimination Act of 1975. Civil rights compliance inquiries related to the Mid-Del Public School District No. I-52 may be directed to the Assistant Superintendent of Teaching and Learning, , 7217 S. E. 15th Street, Midwest City, Oklahoma 73110, telephone number (405) 737-4461.