About this Program
Manicurists provide services to customers related to beautifying the hands and feet. Our nail technician training program prepares you for this specialty service career by giving you the opportunity to practice professional techniques and work with real clients in our on-campus salon. You will learn massage techniques, arm, hand, leg and foot anatomy, manicuring, pedicuring, and various artificial nail applications. Upon completion, students qualify to take the State Board of Cosmetology and Barbering exam for licensing as a manicurist/nail technician.
Length: 600 hrs,
Monday-Thursday 4 p.m. – 9 p.m.
Cost: Please contact us for pricing
To request information or begin the enrollment process:
- Complete program application
- Oklahoma State Board of Cosmetology registration; $5.00 fee required
- Birth Certificate
- Passport photo less than one year old
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- 18 years of age with documentation of student’s date of birth
- An employment authorization card or a social security number is required for this program due to licensure requirements.
LICENSURE / CERTIFICATIONS
- OSBCB Manicurist Exam
- OSBCB Manicurist License
Introduction to Nail Technology - 40.00 hrs
Nail Structure: Composition, Disorders & Diseases - 60.00 hrs
Manicures - 80.00 hrs
Artificial Nails - 160.00 hrs
Nail Art - 60.00 hrs
Pedicures - 80.00 hrs
Salon Development - 80.00 hrs
Cosmetology Laws, Rules & Regulations - 40.00 hrs