Are you ready to start your nursing career?
The Practical Nursing (LPN) program at Mid-Del Technology Center provides students an opportunity to complete a nursing program in just 11-months! The program is designed to reflect current trends in healthcare and meets up-to-date training needs. The curriculum is based on a foundation provided by the Oklahoma State Department of Career and Technology Education and approved by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing. Graduates of the Practical Nursing (LPN) program receive a diploma and qualify to take the NCLEX-PN nursing licensure exam to become an LPN! Apply Here
- The program is an 11-month, full-time, day only adult practical nursing program.
- Students are admitted into the program annually in August and complete the program in June the following year.
- PN program is 1,207 hours (total program hours including prerequisites are 1,463)
- Prerequisites are: Medical Terminology, Anatomy & Physiology, Current CNA Certification and Pre-entrance exam (TABE, Accuplacer Next Generation, or ACT).
- Students gain clinical experience in geriatric care, acute medical/surgical, obstetrics, pediatrics, mental
health, and a preceptorship rotation.
- A skills lab is provided to learn invasive nursing skills, including pharmacology and intravenous therapy.
- Financial aid is available to those who qualify
Many career opportunities are available for Licensed Practical Nurses. The following list includes some options for practical nursing graduates who obtain licensure.
- Home Health Care
- Long-Term Care
- Clinics/Urgent Care Clinics
Progression to Higher Education Nursing Programs
Practical Nursing (LPN) graduates are encouraged to continue their nursing education at the college (ADN) and/or university (BSN) levels. Successful completion of nursing education programs at either and/or both of these levels qualify graduates to take the NCLEX-RN (Registered Nurse licensure exam). Several higher education nursing programs are in the Oklahoma City metro area, with each program having different admission criteria. Practical nursing graduates from Mid-Del Tech Center may articulate to state colleges after meeting specific admission criteria.
Oklahoma Board of Nursing Statement:
The Practical Nursing (LPN) program at Mid-Del Tech Center is approved by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing. Graduates of the program qualify to take the National Council Licensure Examination for Practical Nurses (NCLEX-PN).
The OBN Application for Licensure includes a criminal history records search and evidence of citizenship or qualified alien status. Applicants for nursing licensure must meet all of the Oklahoma Board of Nursing requirements, including a criminal history records search [59 O.S. §567.6]. An individual with a felony conviction in this state, the United States or another state or territory of any felony, cannot apply for licensure unless five (5) years have elapsed since the date of the criminal conviction or the termination of any probation or other requirements imposed on the applicant by the sentencing court [59 O.S. §567.6]. The Oklahoma Board of Nursing has the authority to deny, revoke or suspend any licensure or certification [59 O.S. §567.8].
Friday, June 4th Program Information Form
Who Can Apply
Adult Students Only
A combination of classroom and clinical instruction is scheduled Monday through Friday throughout the program. The following are designated time frames when scheduled:
- Classroom instruction: 8:00am – 3:00pm
- Clinical instruction: 6:30am – 3:00pm
Oklahoma Department of Career & Technology Education
1500 W. 7th Avenue
Stillwater, OK 74074
Oklahoma Board of Nursing
2915 N. Classen Blvd., Ste. 524
Oklahoma City, OK 73106
Some classes for occupational skills may require assessment testing for enrollment.