Mid-Del Technology Center’s ELITE Program is a Work Prep Program designed to meet the needs of unemployed Temporary Aid to Needy Families (TANF) recipients in Oklahoma. The program resulted from a partnership between Oklahoma’s Department of Career and Technology Education and the Oklahoma Department of Human Services.
The goal of the ELITE Program is to help TANF recipients’ transition into employment by offering the following services:
- Vocational Education
- Job Search and Job Readiness Assistance
- Work based Training/Internships
- Community Service Opportunities
- KeyTrain-bolsters basic academic skills in the areas of reading for information, locating information and applied mathematics
- Career Readiness Certificates-certifies individual is competent in three academic areas: reading for information, locating information and applied mathematics.
- Plan of Study- addresses the immediate training needs and also includes career exploration for the individual’s future educational needs.
- Support Services Plan-helps the student identify what support services are needed in order to be job ready and sets up a timeline for services to be rendered. Encourages personal responsibility in the development and delivery of support services.
Mid-Del Technology Center’s ELITE Program is a great support to TANF recipients who are serious about ending their dependence on public assistance and entering the world of work.
Program Hours: 7:40 am – 2:40 pm, Monday through Friday
|Who Can Apply||Adult|
7:40 am – 2:40 pm
Monday through Friday